- Amy Clements-Cortés, Ph.D., MusM, MTA, Mt-BC, FAMI is an academic advisor and instructor of music therapy at the University of Windsor, as well as a contracted academic staff member and clinical supervisor at Wilfrid Laurier University. She is also a senior music therapist at Baycrest Centre, Toronto, Canada. Dr. Clements-Cortés began her career as a music … Continue Reading ››
- Debra Greenberg MSW, Ph.D is the senior psychiatric social worker within Montefiore’s Division of Geriatric Medicine, and an instructor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She has extensive experience in training and program development, as well as direct care of Holocaust survivors and their families. Her dissertation focused on older Jewish émigrés from the former Soviet … Continue Reading ››
- Gary Kennedy MD is a professor and the Director of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and the Geriatric Psychiatry Training Program at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. His publication on the Professional Exchange Program to Israel, sponsored by … Continue Reading ››
- Carla Lessing LCSW is a Holocaust survivor who was hidden in Holland for thirty months. She graduated from the Columbia University School of Social Work and acquired a Certificate in Advanced Clinical Social Work from New York University. Mrs. Lessing worked at the Rockland County Community Mental Health Center in Pomona, New York for twenty years … Continue Reading ››
- Alessandra Scalmati MD, Ph.D is the Associate Director of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and the Geriatric Psychiatry Training Program, Montefiore Medical Center. For several years she has been the consulting psychiatrist to the Bronx Holocaust Survivor Project and has extensive experience with direct clinical services as well as staff support.
- Svetlana Shklarov MD, Ph.D, RSW is a Calgary-based researcher and university instructor who writes and teaches about trauma, resilience, disability and mental health. Svetlana is a daughter of Holocaust survivors, and was born and raised in the Soviet Union. She was trained as a physician in Moscow, and practiced pediatric medicine in Russia and Israel. After … Continue Reading ››
Honoring Aging Survivors